University Department of Rural Health (UDRH) Program: The Australian Government UDRH program encourages students of medicine, nursing and other health professions to pursue a career in rural practice by providing opportunities for students to practise their clinical skills in a rural or remote environment. It also supports health professionals currently practising in rural settings. This link includes more detail on the program and quick links to all Australian UDRHs. A brief summary of services provided can be also found on the UDRH Student Information Guide.
Australian Rural Health Education Network (ARHEN): ARHEN is the body that represents all UDRHs and aims primarily to optimise the outcomes of the UDRH program through a coordinated approach to their activities and strategic directions. This link includes more information about ARHEN, profiles on each UDRH and details on a number of UDRH projects.
The following are direct links are to other UDRHs based around Australia. All are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Centre for Remote Health: Flinders University & Northern Territory University, Northern Territory
- WA Centre for Rural Health: University of Western Australia, Curtin University of Technology & Edith Cowan University, Western Australia
- Department of Rural Health, Broken Hill: University of Sydney, New South Wales
- Monash University Department for Rural and Indigenous Health: Monash University, Victoria
- Mount Isa Centre for Rural and Remote Health: James Cook University, Queensland
- Northern Rivers UDRH: University of Sydney & Southern Cross University, New South Wales
- Department of Rural Health Centre for Regional Engagement: University of South Australia.
- UDRH Tamworth: University of Newcastle, New South Wales
- UDRH Tasmania: University of Tasmania, Tasmania
- University of Melbourne Rural Health Academic Centre: University of Melbourne, Victoria
Flinders University and Deakin University: The GGT UDRH is a partnership between Flinders University's Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and Deakin University's Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Science.